If you work in a hospital in the maternal and child area or if you are a student of the degree courses of obstetrics, nursing and medicine, this course, free of charge, is for you!
The first hours after the diagnosis of abortion or perinatal death are decisive in favoring a physiological elaboration of grief. However, the topic of perinatal bereavement and respectful care for women to affected couples and families is often neglected in the training of health professionals, treated superficially or not treated at all.
The World Health Organization, in 2019, reiterated the importance of appropriate care at zero time in all cases of loss during pregnancy or after birth . According to our latest study, Italy along with Chile and a few others ranks in the bottom ranks for respectful care in perinatal bereavement, also referred to as bereavement care.
Our Memory Box training project, which began in 2012, has long been trying to remedy the educational backwardness of our country: in ten years we have carried out 300 hours of free training in many Italian hospitals, both face-to-face and online, reaching around 4000 operators .
However, the pandemic has highlighted new organizational and welfare problems , especially in the southern regions, in the islands and in some border areas of northern Italy .
So we decided to expand our training offer so as to be able to easily reach all operators and operators who work in hospitals, and in particular in the obstetrics, gynecology and neonatology departments.
To participate in the course it is in fact sufficient to have a smartphone, and today, in Italy, everyone has a smartphone!
With this type of organization many barriers, which may have once hindered training, are finally broken down: our course is free of charge, divided into 10 thematic modules totaling 6 hours and 45 recorded and two hours of self-study, distance learning, usable via telephone, in 30 days’ time.
The only remaining barrier might be the fear related to this complex topic, but we will also face this human, very human fear together.
So: as of today, our Memory Box training is usable on a platform and open annually to 8000 perinatal area hospital workers, from students and student trainees, and remains free of charge because the cost is borne entirely by the association.
You can register while places last, keeping in mind that places open up every thirty days.
- The Memory Box training can be used on the platform
- Memory Box training consists of 9 teaching modules, from diagnosis to puerperium, totaling 6.45 hours of video course and 1 self-study module of about 2 hours.
- It is open annually to 8000 perinatal hospital workers and student* trainees, in blocks of about 800 enrolled per month.
- From the moment of enrollment, there are 30 days to complete the course , pass the verification test and obtain the “Memory Box: Perinatal Mourning Trauma-Oriented Hospital Care” certification .
- The certification lasts 3 years , at the end of which it is possible to renew it for free by participating in a refresher course, in 2-hour distance training mode.
- When 70% of the operators of a hospital ward have obtained certification, the department is accredited by CiaoLapo and entered in the “FOOTPRINT” register (FORMATO department on the Perinatal unit) and make a request to receive our memory boxes free of charge.
To learn more, watch the video of the introductory lecture for the course *
*In the introductory lecture I had been optimistic about the total duration, but then I preferred to include a few more hours to clarify the most critical aspects of care well. In fact, the recorded course lasts 6:45
We are waiting for you!